[Starlingx-discuss] cpu mode

von Hoesslin, Volker Volker.Hoesslin at swsn.de
Thu Jan 17 14:50:39 UTC 2019

hi,
my setup has two computes nodes, every node has a dual AMD EPYC 7601 CPU config. how can i bring all the CPU features (AES, SSSE3, ...) to the guest VMs. i have tryed with some flavor-metadata but nothing realy helps, the VMs getting just a little subset of cpu-features.
some investigations to the kvm-settings hit me to the facts that my nova config has "cpu_model=none" !? how can i fix that and bring my AMD EPIC CPU to my nova-config?!

here is the host /proc/cpuinfo

processor       : 127
vendor_id       : AuthenticAMD
cpu family      : 23
model           : 1
model name      : AMD EPYC 7601 32-Core Processor
stepping        : 2
microcode       : 0x8001227
cpu MHz         : 1200.000
cache size      : 512 KB
physical id     : 1
siblings        : 64
core id         : 31
cpu cores       : 32
apicid          : 127
initial apicid  : 127
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 13
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc art rep_good nopl nonstop_tsc extd_apicid amd_dcm aperfmperf eagerfpu pni pclmulqdq monitor ssse3 fma cx16 sse4_1 sse4_2 movbe popcnt aes xsave avx f16c rdrand lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm extapic cr8_legacy abm sse4a misalignsse 3dnowprefetch osvw skinit wdt tce topoext perfctr_core perfctr_nb bpext perfctr_l2 cpb hw_pstate retpoline_amd ssbd ibpb vmmcall fsgsbase bmi1 avx2 smep bmi2 rdseed adx smap clflushopt sha_ni xsaveopt xsavec xgetbv1 clzero irperf xsaveerptr arat npt lbrv svm_lock nrip_save tsc_scale vmcb_clean flushbyasid decodeassists pausefilter pfthreshold avic v_vmsave_vmload vgif overflow_recov succor smca
bogomips        : 4400.08
TLB size        : 2560 4K pages
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management: ts ttp tm hwpstate cpb eff_freq_ro [13] [14]

greez & thx,
volker...