[Starlingx-discuss] [TSC] Updated Multi-OS meta-specification available for review

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Thu Jan 17 23:46:37 UTC 2019

On 1/17/19 2:29 PM, Victor Rodriguez wrote:
> Hello Everyone at STX community
>
> After quick sync with Ken, we agree to work on the meta specification
> together, for that we will share the specifications in a google doc
> public
> In this way, anyone can help to create the documents and avoid
> miscommunications or avoid having paragraphs that are not delivering
> the same message.

Since I am also actively involved with this effort and will be traveling
this next week (visiting with Victor!), I would further suggest that we
time box this activity to the finish next Friday so that this can get
back into gerrit review.

> These are the links for the current 2 specifications we have:
>
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/188nuV98w90xG0WWRFKItoxcsCzH5xB95dy-MD1MDR5c/edit?usp=sharing

Regarding the first specification, please remember that this is a
"Meta-Specification", the idea here is to give a high level view of what
is being planned.  It is an attempt to identify additional
specifications that will detail the work that has to occur.  We are not
trying to solve everthing (or even define everything) in the
specification, we are trying to lay down the groundwork and direction
for a MultiOS solution for StarlingX, not just the Build system.

Thanks for everyone's support and understanding.
Sau!