[Starlingx-discuss] Deployment Option

Himanshu Goyal himanshugoyal500 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 12:13:37 UTC 2019

Thanks Juan,

Able to unlock my controller node. But facing Issue in PXE boot of compute
node. After unlocking of controller machine not able to see compute host in
"*system host-list*" command.
my controller machine is directly connected to compute machine.

I'm following the below steps
Steps:
*1) system host-unlock controller-0*
*2) system host-list*
Output::
[wrsroot at controller-0 ~(keystone_admin)]$ system host-list
+----+--------------+-------------+----------------+-------------+--------------+
| id | hostname     | personality | administrative | operational |
availability |
+----+--------------+-------------+----------------+-------------+--------------+
| 1  | controller-0 | controller  | unlocked       | enabled     |
available    |
+----+--------------+-------------+----------------+-------------+--------------+

3)  power on my compute machine. And give option to boot from PXE
   my compute machine is directly connected with controller with mgmt port.
  But not able to see host in "system host-list".

4) i tried with system host-add command also, but it is giving below error:
*Error:*
[wrsroot at controller-0 ~(keystone_admin)]$ system host-add
Host-add Rejected: Cannot add a compute host without specifying a mgmt_ip
when static address allocation is configured.

Please suggest me the needful change.

Regards,
Himanshu Goyal