[Starlingx-discuss] Deployment Option

Himanshu Goyal himanshugoyal500 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 16:31:54 UTC 2019

Thanks Juan ,Yong

I tried both the commands output shows as below:

1) [wrsroot at controller-0 ~(keystone_admin)]$ *system host-add -n compute-0
-p worker -m 00:1e:67:fd:3d:fe*
usage: system host-add [-n <hostname>] [-p <personality>] [-s
<subfunctions>]
                       [-m <mgmt_mac>] [-i <mgmt_ip>] [-I <bm_ip>]
                       [-T <bm_type>] [-U <bm_username>] [-P <bm_password>]
                       [-b <boot_device>] [-r <rootfs_device>]
                       [-o <install_output>] [-c <console>]
                       [-v <vsc_controllers>] [-l <location>]
                       [-D <true/false>]
system host-add: error: argument -p/--personality: invalid choice: 'worker'
(choose from 'controller', 'compute', 'storage', 'network', 'profile')
[wrsroot at controller-0 ~(keystone_admin)]$
[wrsroot at controller-0 ~(keystone_admin)]$

2) [wrsroot at controller-0 ~(keystone_admin)]$ *system host-add -n compute-0
-p compute -m 00:1e:67:fd:3d:fe*
Host-add Rejected: Cannot add a compute host without specifying a mgmt_ip
when static address allocation is configured.
[wrsroot at controller-0 ~(keystone_admin)]$

Regards,
Himanshu Goyal