[Starlingx-discuss] [Containers] Approach for adding a local mirror of docker images

Ponce Castaneda, Guillermo A guillermo.a.ponce.castaneda at intel.com
Mon Jan 21 19:54:59 UTC 2019

Hello Frank,

Thanks for initiating the conversation, my proposed solution is to bring up a docker registry that will have to be in the local network of each office, so the speed of the pulls will be the faster.
The problem with this approach might be that the references of the docker pull have to change so it points to the local docker registry, I have already implemented this approach locally at GDC and can provide documentation on how to do this.
Another approach that I am researching is to use this project: https://github.com/rpardini/docker-registry-proxy, so far this option seems much better but I need to explore it a little bit further, I will provide more details on it as soon as possible.

All the feedback and other ideas are welcome.

Thanks and Regards.
Guillermo (Memo) Ponce