[Starlingx-discuss] Questions on [Enhancement] OVS process monitoring and alarming

Peters, Matt Matt.Peters at windriver.com
Tue Jan 22 14:35:36 UTC 2019

Hi Chenjie,
The code that you reference below is the pmon daemon code which does not need to be updated.

The story requires the creation of a set of pmon configuration files and associated puppet file link operations for when the vswitch type is ovs-dpdk.

Here is the existing one for ovsdb-server for OVS (not yet integrated).
https://github.com/openstack/stx-integ/blob/master/networking/openvswitch/files/ovsdb-server.pmon.conf

It is packaged by this rpm spec.
https://github.com/openstack/stx-integ/blob/master/networking/openvswitch-config/centos/openvswitch-config.spec

You will also require puppet changes to link to this file from /etc/pmon.d (this will register the configuration with pmon daemon).
https://github.com/openstack/stx-config/blob/master/puppet-manifests/src/modules/platform/manifests/vswitch.pp

if $::platform::params::vswitch_type == 'ovs-dpdk' {
  $pmon_ensure = link
} else {
  $pmon_ensure = absent
}

  file { '/etc/pmon.d/ovsdb-server.conf':
    ensure => $pmon_ensure,
    target => '/etc/openvswitch/ovsdb-server.pmon.conf',
    owner  => 'root',
    group  => 'root',
    mode   => '0755',
  }