[Starlingx-discuss] [build-report] STX_build_stein_master - Build # 23 - Failure!

Saul Wold sgw at linux.intel.com
Tue Jan 22 17:54:15 UTC 2019

On 1/22/19 9:32 AM, Scott Little wrote:
> That raises an interesting subject. The script in question is a jenkins
> script.  Part of a larger build job, which in turn is a part of a family
> of jobs that do various sub-tasks.  The editing is through the jenkins
> web-gui, and that will not be made accessible to the public.  I'm
> troubled that Jenkins doesn't seem to keep an edit history of 'config'
> changes out of the box, and I've yet to spot a plugin that adds this
> feature.

I had this kind of issue in a previous job, we ended up having a jenkins
specific git repo that managed the jenkins related scripts and had very
basic code in the Jenkins Web-GUI.  The challenge with that was how and
when the jobs got triggered, if using CI based on repo change.

So I will ask, on what conditions do you trigger builds on the Jenkins?

Sau!