[Starlingx-discuss] [Containers] system application-apply fails and "unauthorized: incorrect username or password" in sysinv.log

Cordoba Malibran, Erich erich.cordoba.malibran at intel.com
Wed Jan 23 00:34:28 UTC 2019

Hi,

After run system application-apply stx-openstack, the status of the
application goes to apply-failed. After checking the logs, in
sysinv.log I see the following errors:

ERROR sysinv.conductor.kube_app [-] Image docker.io/prom/mysqld-exporter:v0.10.0 download failed from local registry: 500 Server Error: Internal Server Error ("G
et https://registry-1.docker.io/v2/prom/mysqld-exporter/manifests/v0.10.0: unauthorized: incorrect username or password")

Also,

2019-01-22 23:52:03.859 3016 ERROR sysinv.conductor.kube_app [-] Image quay.io/attcomdev/ubuntu-source-gnocchi-statsd:3.0.3 download failed from local registry: 500 Server Error: Internal Se
rver Error ("Get https://quay.io/v2/attcomdev/ubuntu-source-gnocchi-statsd/manifests/3.0.3: error parsing HTTP 429 response body: invalid character 'T' looking for beginning of value: "Too m
any login attempts. \nPlease reset your Quay password and try again."")

and

2019-01-22 23:53:43.750 3016 ERROR sysinv.conductor.kube_app [-] Image docker.io/openstackhelm/openvswitch:v2.8.1 download failed from local registry: 500 Server Error: Internal Server Error ("Get https://registry-1.docker.io/v2/openstackhelm/openvswitch/manifests/v2.8.1: toomanyrequests: too many failed login attempts for username or IP address")

I'm not sure if I missed some configuration step.
wrsrootLooking into the code it seems that a token is generated and then used with the registry.
I removed those lines and use a docker pull without a token and the images started to download.

See the code below:

sysinv/conductor/kube_app.py

DOCKER_REGISTRY_USER = 'admin'
DOCKER_REGISTRY_SERVICE = 'CGCS'
def get_docker_registry_authentication():
    docker_registry_user_password = keyring.get_password(
        DOCKER_REGISTRY_SERVICE, DOCKER_REGISTRY_USER)
    if not docker_registry_user_password:
        raise exception.DockerRegistryCredentialNotFound(
            name=DOCKER_REGISTRY_USER)
    def download_an_image(self, loc_img_tag):

        rc = True
        start = time.time()
        try:
            # Pull image from local docker registry
            LOG.info("Image %s download started from local registry" % loc_img_tag)
#            docker_registry_auth = get_docker_registry_authentication()
            client = docker.APIClient(timeout=INSTALLATION_TIMEOUT)
#            client.pull(loc_img_tag, auth_config=docker_registry_auth)
            client.pull(loc_img_tag)
        except docker.errors.NotFound:

-Erich