[Starlingx-discuss] [ Test ] Meeting notes - 01/22/2019

Cabrales, Ada ada.cabrales at intel.com
Wed Jan 23 00:55:11 UTC 2019

Agenda for 1/22/2019
Attendees: Bruce, Cristopher, Abraham, Elio, Erich, Fernando, JC, JP, Jose Victor, Maria, Numan, Bill, Ricardo
* Review of tasks for 2019.05.0 release
   + Here you can find the list of stories created for the testing team - https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/worklist/553
   + For performance testing: Victor is leading the effort. A proposal will be sent to the mailing list for the metrics to be followed and the tools to use for that. Initial email to be sent today.
      - Stress and stability is not covered by this performance topic.
      - Initially Rally is being proposed. To be run on bare metal, on the same config every time.
   + Regression test suite -
      - Numan's team working on reviewing Nova test cases - checking and updating as required.
      - Elio checking networking domain - estimated date for finishing is two weeks from now.
      - Review again in 02/05
      - Ada to start an email thread for distributing the revision of the rest of the domains
   + Please create the stories for the things you are working on and let me know to add them to the worklist.

* Update on test repository - Cristopher
   + Repo is created within the OpenStack infrastructure (stx-test)
   + Storyboard for the repo is also ready (stx-test)
   + Define the reviewers for the repo (Cristopher)
   + Investigating if there's the ability to define sub-repos
   + Numan will send a proposal (mailing list) for the structure of the repo - 01/25
      - please include your proposal for reviewers
   + This repo will contain manual and code for automated test cases.

* Update on Test Dashboard - Cristopher
   + Checking requirements. List to be provided on 01/29
   + Involve Ken by the time asking to CENGN for this.

* Sanity on Containers - Jose
   + Working on setting simplex on a virtual environment.
   + once we have this ready, will try a sanity run to check the connections from testing FW to the instances
   + Currently we are blocked because our lab doesn't have access to the internet for downloading the data. Memo and Cristopher working on a WorkAround
      - After we have this solved, we will do a setup on baremetal.
   + Numan confirmed no changes are required in the infrastructure.
   + Simplex and Storage configs are ready, duplex is almost ready, dedicated (controller) storage ready next week. Asking for volunteers for testing the setup.
   + Containers will be ready on 02/15.

* Opens
   + Bill - Tasks pending from the community meeting sent.
      - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1F-JKh8_gLlUzbrUJRbsf4u65yBGVBl8HGe-RnUQoyc4/edit?usp=sharing
      - Ada to check the list and match with the storyboard worklist
      - What has happened with the keys to upload content to CENGN
          keys were sent to Ken and Raymond from CENGN. Cristopher to follow up.
   + Fernando - thank you Numan for all the help with Security tests. Kudos!
      - waiting for Ken's feedback.
   + Bruce
      - OpenStack distro team - stories for tests required to be sent this week.