[Starlingx-discuss] [Containers] Deployment with container option failed

Jaewook Oh kyle.oh95 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 07:21:41 UTC 2019

Hi all,
I'm now trying to deploy the Starlingx with an option that you can find in
below link
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StarlingX/Containers/Installation

I configured a VM as described in the guide.
And followed the guide before the controller configuration failed.

The failed log is following log.

Applying configuration (this will take several minutes):

01/08: Creating bootstrap configuration ... DONE
02/08: Applying bootstrap manifest ... DONE
03/08: Persisting local configuration ... DONE
04/08: Populating initial system inventory ... DONE
05/08: Creating system configuration ... DONE
06/08: Applying controller manifest ... *Failed to execute controller
manifest*
Configuration failed: Failed to apply controller manifest. See /var/log/
puppet/latest/puppet.log for details.

I couldn't see any hint in puppet.log however.
I saw a bug report (https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1811693)
related with this issue, but I could not find any workaround or solution.

Thank you for advices and helps in advance.

Best Regards,
Jaewook.
*Jaewook Oh* (오재욱)
IISTRC - Internet Infra System Technology Research Center
369 Sangdo-ro, Dongjak-gu,
06978, Seoul, Republic of Korea