[Starlingx-discuss] [Containers] Background info on helm charts

Miller, Frank Frank.Miller at windriver.com
Mon Jan 28 19:19:22 UTC 2019

Mario:

On the containers community call this morning we took an action to identify information about helm charts.  Irina Mihai identified four references that she used when working on the cinder helm chart overrides. See [1] to [4] below.

Also as you work on creating a helm chart for the FM service, you should look at examples of existing helm charts for a reference.  2 good examples are:

*         Cinder helm chart which is available in the upstream openstack-helm project [5] and uses certain defaults.  We have added StarlingX specific overrides which are generated from code we added [6].

*         Nova-api-proxy which is a StarlingX specific service and hence was created from scratch [7,8]

Frank

[1] https://docs.helm.sh/developing_charts/
[2] https://medium.com/containerum/how-to-make-and-share-your-own-helm-package-50ae40f6c221
[3]  https://docs.bitnami.com/kubernetes/how-to/create-your-first-helm-chart/