[Starlingx-discuss] PCI - Passthrough Interafce on VM

Himanshu Goyal himanshugoyal500 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 05:12:32 UTC 2019

Hi,

I built a setup with controller & compute machine. Able to spawn VM with
flat network, But I need one PCI-Passthrough interface also on VM.
Please suggest the steps to create vm with PCI-Passthrough NIC.

Currently I'm following the below steps for creating pci-passthrough
network:

Step1: system host-lock compute-0
step2: neutron providernet-create pci_net --type flat
step3: system host-if-modify -m 1500 -n pci_0 -p "pci_net" -nt
pci-passthrough compute-0 ens513f1

step3 is giving wrong command error, can you please provide me the correct
commands for the same. or if there is any other way to configure that.

Regards.
Himanshu Goyal