[Starlingx-discuss] PCI - Passthrough Interafce on VM

Hu, Yong yong.hu at intel.com
Wed Jan 30 11:43:39 UTC 2019

Hi Himanshu,
If I remember correctly, this network won’t be active until is actually being used by the VMs.
So, you can go on.

In addition, the following 2 steps are important, FYI.

# create a port for PCI-Passthrough

# net-testpci is supported by “providenet-b”

openstack port create --network net-testpci --vnic-type direct-physical pt_port

# create VM by specifying the network with which the pt_port is attached.

openstack server create --flavor <flavor_name> --image <vm_image_name> --nic net-id=net-testpci pcipt_vm

regards,
Yong