[Starlingx-discuss] Contribution to the project.

Jones, Bruce E bruce.e.jones at intel.com
Thu Jan 31 21:59:35 UTC 2019

Javier, thank you.  I’m going to suggest a couple of things for you to try out, to get started.

You can join our weekly community call.  It’s on Wednesdays at 1400 UTC.  Details are here:  https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Starlingx/Meetings.  StarlingX is a big project so we’ve divided it up into sub-projects – each has a call of their own,  listed on that page,  that you could join as well.

You should check out our wiki: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StarlingX and our documentation https://docs.starlingx.io/

You can download and run a pre-built StarlingX image from here: http://mirror.starlingx.cengn.ca/mirror/starlingx/centos/2018.10/20181110/outputs/iso/

You can find some instructions on how to install the image here: https://docs.starlingx.io/installation_guide/index.html.   The document needs some changes, which we are working on as part of the Documentation sub-project.  You will need a VM on a machine with lots of memory and/or a dedicated system to boot the image on – the image installs an OS and all of StarlingX.

Myself and the community will be happy to answer any questions you have.

       brucej