[Starlingx-discuss] Hello

Kiran Patchigolla pgkiran at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 22:28:18 UTC 2019

Hi Starling Community

I'm new here and looking forward to be part of this community. Sharing a
recent experience. Recently a small ISP approached me in helping them come
up with an edge cloud architecture.

Went through discussions and research on how to enable them on a path to
this. The first iteration of the recommendation was to look at
CEPH+Openstack+Openshift.  It did feel heavyweight for the purpose and lot
of edge, pun intended, cases had to be covered.

Last night I came across starlingx. Wow, how did I not know about this
project. Going through the starlingx onboarding deck, it addresses many
many aspects of the edge cloud architecture and is heading into the
container direction as well. I recommended it to them and they are already
looking to run experiments with the project and already observed that the
project covers many areas of concern they had.

Thanks
Kiran