[Starlingx-discuss] a question about starlingx error handling behavior

Wang, Yi C yi.c.wang at intel.com
Mon Jul 1 01:45:01 UTC 2019

Hi Eric,

I am working on the LP 1815513<https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1815513>. Based on my tests, if I unplug the cable of active controller for management network for a long time (for example, 30s), and then plug it, the whole system can recover after some reboots. But if I unplug the cable for a short time, and then plug it. The whole system can't recover. I need to lock/unlock controllers manually to bring the system back. So my questions are:

1. Is the behavior acceptable? (recover the system by manual lock/unlock operations)
2. If the answer is no for #1, we need the system to recover automatically. I am not familiar with internal maintenance logics, could you give me some hints?

Thanks.
Yi