[Starlingx-discuss] Notes from Distro.openstack call July 2 2019

Jones, Bruce E bruce.e.jones at intel.com
Tue Jul 2 13:19:56 UTC 2019

7/2 meeting
*         Dean to run this meeting starting next week (following week, Dean is on vacation next week).  Yong to run the meeting next week.
*         Nova placement helm chart https://review.opendev.org/#/c/662229/ - still pending?

  *   Zhipeng - please attend the Tuesday Helm meeting and push this review

  *   It would be good to respond to Chris' comments, other reviewers may not look closer until they see that as resolved
*         Final helm override status (Gerry) - expect all reviews out this week

  *   ETA end of this week - 1 review merged, 1 open, two more to go
*         Orphan instance cleanup: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/627765/

  *   Eric F - I put this in front of people (Sean, Mel, Matt), and they're actively reviewing it. Some comments have been posted. There's some concern as to how much of it is needed versus reusing "the existing periodic for handling deleted instances". (I don't know anything about this, I'm just the messenger here.)

  *   Yongli - Re-writing the whole patch as per feedback, review has WF-1 pending the re-write.  Mel wants this done the way it was discussed at the PTG.
*         NUMA topology: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/621476/

  *   Eric F - I added this to the runway queue [1] under the assumption that it is code complete. If it's not, please let me know.

  *   Yong Li - the reviews are moving forward, addressing feedback.
*         On a somewhat related topic, do you know if Artom plans to continue his NUMA live migration work?  If not, would it be appropriate for someone else to take it on?

  *   Eric F - I think Artom is traveling right now. But looking at the series [2], the bottom patch [3] was last touched on June 12th, and appears to be near the top of his queue. So I wouldn't be worried just yet.
*         Rebase to the new Nova branch:

  *   We need a volunteer to do a build to test the f/stein.2 branch with the latest Nova.  Tests should include creating a couple VMs and making sure they can be started.
?  Zhipeng has a related bug (1827692) and should be able to do this.  AR Yong to check with him.  If not, please find someone else who can.
?  https://github.com/starlingx-staging/stx-nova/tree/stx/stein.2

  *   This update should be done by whoever is responsible for the change. It requires updating the image directives file to reference the new branch as the PROJECT_REF value: https://opendev.org/starlingx/upstream/src/branch/master/openstack/python-nova/centos/stx-nova.stable_docker_image#L5

  *   Instructions on building images can be found here: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StarlingX/Containers/BuildingImages#Image_Build_Command

  *   If I wanted to test the build of this updated directives file, I can use the latest CENGN-built base and wheels, and run:
?  BUILD_STREAM=stable
?  BRANCH=master
?  CENTOS_BASE=starlingx/stx-centos:${BRANCH}-${BUILD_STREAM}-latest
?  WHEELS=http://mirror.starlingx.cengn.ca/mirror/starlingx/master/centos/latest_docker_image_build/outputs/wheels//stx-centos-$<http://mirror.starlingx.cengn.ca/mirror/starlingx/master/centos/latest_docker_image_build/outputs/wheels/stx-centos-$>{BUILD_STREAM}-wheels.tar
?  time $MY_REPO/build-tools/build-docker-images/build-stx-images.sh --stream ${BUILD_STREAM} --base ${CENTOS_BASE} --wheels ${WHEELS} --only stx-nova
*         Shuquan - we had a patch on live migration merged last week.  Getting some +2's on two reviews.  Working with the Horizon PTL and reached agreement.  Shuqan to provide more details.