[Starlingx-discuss] Help needed to add patch to openstackclient

Bailey, Henry Albert (Al) Al.Bailey at windriver.com
Thu Jul 4 13:13:10 UTC 2019

Currently the manifest for starlingx  openstackclient  builds from stable/stein.
https://opendev.org/starlingx/manifest/src/branch/master/default.xml#L51

So if your fix is merged in vanilla openstackclient, and back-ported to the stable stein branch, it will get picked up automatically.

If you need to temporarily diverge from vanilla openstack, we typically request that the gerrit review be submitted to the openstack community,  and then we can temporarily merge it as a patch until the two environments are able to become in sync.

We do that with openstack-helm
https://opendev.org/starlingx/upstream/src/branch/master/openstack/openstack-helm

Al