[Starlingx-discuss] [containers] How can I do a pull of Docker images with keystone

Cordoba Malibran, Erich erich.cordoba.malibran at intel.com
Wed Jul 10 21:36:49 UTC 2019

I'm having the same issue trying to use the registry in controller-0.
In a standard configuration, from a worker I run this:

$ docker pull registry.local:9001/calico/node:v3.6.2
Error response from daemon: Get https://registry.local:9001/v2/calico/node/manifests/v3.6.2: unauthorized: authentication required

Also, using curl and specifying the certificate:

$ sudo curl --cacert /etc/docker/certs.d/registry.local:9001/registry-cert.crt -v -X GET https://registry.local:9001/v2/_catalog
{"errors":[{"code":"UNAUTHORIZED","message":"authentication required","detail":[{"Type":"registry","Class":"","Name":"catalog","Action":"*"}]}]}

It seems that the authentication should be performed with the registry-
token-server. So, it is possible to use the registry in controller-0
from command line or is only intended to be used by the configuration
tools?

Thanks

-Erich