[Starlingx-discuss] bug severity and priority

Xie, Cindy cindy.xie at intel.com
Wed Jul 10 23:13:05 UTC 2019

Bill,
I definitely agree that not all Medium shall be pushed to stx.3.0, this needs to be assessed carefully. But if we combine the severity and priority together, then this decision needs to put resource factor in consideration as well.

Actually, I think it's confusing of calling individual LP "gating" - I understand that we want to get the product quality to a good shape and want to get bugs fixed as many as possible before we ship it. I will suggest to use defects# as part of release criteria (QRC). Example could be:

	Number of Critical P1 defects	Zero
	Number of High P2 defects	< x
	Number of Medium P3 defects	< y

And the only thing we need to agree on is the "x" and "y". It makes TSC or release team to make decision easier. The QRC needs to be agreed earlier instead of right before the release decision shall be made. This way, we can really direct our engineering resource working on the most important items and we all have an agreed common goal.

Thanks. - cindy