[Starlingx-discuss] StarlingX Bootimage.iso Queries

Lin, Shuicheng shuicheng.lin at intel.com
Fri Jul 12 07:15:03 UTC 2019

Hi Gupta,
For the 1st issue, please try to create the image in Linux system with cmd like below:
sudo dd if=bootimage.iso of=/dev/sdb bs=1M && sync
(sdb is the pen driver device)

For the 2nd issue, StarlingX doesn't support USB Ethernet in default. You need modify kernel configuration to support it if you want.
Also StarlingX uses CentOS 7.6 with 3.10 kernel, which is a much old kernel. So not all usb Ethernet driver could be supported.
Also there is other code need be updated to support USB Ethernet.
You could have a try with below 2 patches applied:
https://review.opendev.org/657291
https://review.opendev.org/657313
It will be much easier if you could add a PCI Ethernet card in your machine. :)

Best Regards
Shuicheng