[Starlingx-discuss] Update the StarlingX 2.0 wiki about Additional storage need

Shashi, YatindraX yatindrax.shashi at intel.com
Fri Jul 12 09:08:37 UTC 2019

Hi team,

While I was trying to install starlingX 2.0 beta release of date July 07 in simplex mode(All in One), I found that I need additional disk for the ceph storage OSD but in the wiki of StarlingX 2.0 it is written that zero or more.
I checked with the partition of disk, ceph doesnot allow to create host storage and it fails showing error "Invalid data: failed to create storage"as attached image.

I came to know that we need additional disk to the root disk for the ceph storage.
Relevant person , please update this part as well in wiki.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/ with best regards,
Yatindra Shashi
IoT Technical Solutions Engineer
On behalf of Developer Relations Division, Intel Corporation
Munich, Germany