[Starlingx-discuss] [ Test ] Meeting notes - 07/16/2019

Cabrales, Ada ada.cabrales at intel.com
Tue Jul 16 23:41:17 UTC 2019

Agenda for 07/16
Attendees: Cristopher, JC, Jose, JP, Numan, Elio, Fernando, Richo, Ada, Yang, Yong

1. Sanity status - Cristopher
      Having issues with the deletion of a snapshot, but seen only on the automated suite. Manually it works. Working on debug.
      WR seeing problems with the re-apply of stx-openstack.

      Currently, WR and Intel are running sanity. We could optimize the run of the sanity splitting the execution.
      Both sides will share the titles of the tests and a description in order to work on this.
         JC will work on this from Intel side.
         Numan, Yang, Peng on WR side.

      Don't forget to continue covering different environments.

2. Regression testing status stx.2.0 - Elio, Numan
      Elio - Monday we started with the second pass - the general tracker has been updated, some tests cases marked as obsolete.
            5 failures, 49 TC passed, 27 blocked. For this pass, focus is on failures and blocked TC.
            Alarms TC are obsolete. Some SRIOV tests still blocked (PT)
            Automated regression - Duplex, external and standard config have pending tests cases.
            Elio, please send the domains covered by automated regression in order to build the report.
            Help required on encryption, NUMA. Email asking questions has been sent.
            These TC will be as 'not run' until we got answers.
            Total tests number will increase due to the addition of IPv6 and feature testing (for regression).

      Numan - not as fast as we would like. 131 TC pending (regression and new features for regression. Ada and Numan will sync offline for reviewing how can we help each other. Ada to review regarding resources.
            Automated: making updates on the networking domain due to the changes recently introduced. One regression ran this weekend, working on analyzing results.
            Please send the info before the release meeting.

            Ada to add the 'feature-stx.2.0' tab into the summary.

3. Consolidation of manual / automated regression into one report - Numan and Ada
      Ada to work with Numan on finding a time slot for working on this.

4. Pytest framework in the repo - status
      A  new patch set uploaded - https://review.opendev.org/#/c/665419/
      Previous comments sent are fixed by this patch.

      From Intel side, we got approval for submitting the code we have to the repo. We will work on the following days to get it out.

5. Opens
      Numan - It's time to bring the dashboard conversation back. Last proposal was to deploy it locally and review how it works.
         Ada to check on resources for working on this.

      Yang - do we have a public storage place?
         The suite requires a place from setting files that can be downloaded.

         Proposal: to create a stx-test google user in order to consolidate info in there.

         Talk about this on the community meeting - conversation about it has been happening there.