[Starlingx-discuss] Minutes: StarlingX Release Meeting - July 18/2019

Khalil, Ghada Ghada.Khalil at windriver.com
Fri Jul 19 21:42:05 UTC 2019

Agenda/Minutes are posted at:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-releases

Release meeting agenda / notes July 18 2019
stx.2.0
- Feature Exception Status
       - Code Removal Stories: 2 reviews left to merge
       - K8s upversion to 1.5: Expected to merge Friday/Monday
- Feature Testing Status
       - Tracker: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15us6HWgcb0dmHHZe2SyOR_UI5BvVpoU8TCST0rQd4zg/edit#gid=1717644237
       - Containers - Total / Pass / Fail / Blocked
       - Ada - 75 / 57 / 1 / 5 - 97% progress
       - Numan - 82/58/3/0 - 74% progress
       - Containers - helm overrides & ironic 12 / 0 / 0 / 0
- Regression Testing Status
       - Tracker:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MoBroFimeQjsJvCC_N_DSLYMQsNZVMzTwAVc5tPy_t0/edit#gid=838066175
       - Second round of regression is in progress by Ada's team.
       - Stable / low risk domains are identified and will be tested later as a second priority
       - Ada's team helping with testing of some additional domains such as: storage
       - Open issues reported from regression: https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bugs?field.tag=stx.regression
       - Running with ISO 20190712T013000Z
       - Total / Pass / Fail / Blocked = 415 / 250 / 8 / 34
       - Pass rate: 96.8%
- Automated Regression
       - Working on building a report to share with the community
- Bugs
       - Bill is collecting input from the different project leads on the status of the stx.2.0 launchpads
- Release Notes
       - Saul raised this; we should start thinking about what we need here. Discuss in next meeting.

stx.3.0
- Milestone-1 - Initial Content List available
       - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZFR-9-riwhIwiBYBmWmi1qOVyHtgJ8Xk_FaF2jp5rY0/edit#gid=1010323020
- Reviewed list and agreed that it meets MS-1 criteria. Milestone declared
- Open Action: Need to determine review bandwidth for stx.3.0 and how the features are prioritized in terms of that review bandwidth
       - A key input here is having a view of where the code churn is expected for each feature

Blueprints for Feature Backlog
- Openstack foundation still recommends not using launchpad as the foundation is looking to transition away from LP. However, other teams continue to use LP and there is no time-frame to fully transition off of it
- For stx.3.0, we have the list of the features already in the release planning google sheet, so no need to do anything else for that
- Bill suggests that we can use a google sheet for feature backlog management as well
       - The key here is the backlog needs to be groomed and maintained. That's the key issue as opposed to the tool used itself.
- Next step is to make sure the TSC team has no big concerns with using a google sheet for the backlog
       - Once we have agreement, the items discussed in the PTG (which didn't make stx.3.0) can be copied over