[Starlingx-discuss] Performance tests for Networking

Victor Rodriguez vm.rod25 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 13:21:10 UTC 2019

On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 12:16 PM Jones, Bruce E <bruce.e.jones at intel.com> wrote:

> We’ve been having a short discussion on this topic internally and I want to push the conversation out into the open.  So I’m starting a thread.
>

> Forrest has some thoughts about how to proceed, but before we get into the details, I wanted to ask – which StarlingX sub-team should be the one to lead this work?  Should it be in the Networking team or in the Test team?

Hi Bruce , thanks for starting this thread

Performance is a complex topic, it includes different areas such as
network, storage, workload execution time and more. We have had the
performance topic a bit not with the full attention it deserves (part
becaus eof my fault). It has been living under test and QA subproject,
but with all the changes and new incoming open framework, I am not
sure there will be enough room for this big topic. My recommendation
will be that we move to Networking team for now and once we have solid
progress we could start a separated subproject team ( I will be more
than happy to take the AR to be responsible for it )

Open for feedback

Victor Rodriguez