[Starlingx-discuss] Minutes: StarlingX Release Meeting - May 30/2019

Khalil, Ghada Ghada.Khalil at windriver.com
Mon Jun 3 15:10:37 UTC 2019

Agenda/Minutes are posted at:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-releases

Release meeting agenda / notes May 30 2019
stx.2.0
- Containerized Openstack services - Prime: Frank   / MS-3: June 14
      - Executing to the plan
      - Finalizing what from the stx.3.0 deferred content to allow in until stx.2.0 RC branch is created
- Integrate Containerized OVS - Prime: Forrest  / MS-3: June 7
      - Review is posted and testing is in progress. On track
- Anisble Deployment - Prime: Dariush  / MS-3: June 7
      - Ada confirmed that we can go ahead with disabling config_controller
- Openstack Patch Elimination - Prime: Bruce / MS-3: ??
      - External nova placement is now resourced. May not make June 14. We should consider handling this as an exception.
      - Need update on NUMA-aware migration
- Openstack Rebase - Prime: Frank / MS-3: May 30
      - All outstanding items are now done
- wrsroot change / MS-3: June 14 (dependent on testing)
      - Code is stable.
      - Jose/Saul have done testing and things look good
      - Numan is expecting to finish testing/adjusting automation suite by June 12
- Testing Status
      - Ada: Will add more resources to Container testing to mitigate delay from stability issues.
- Bugs
      - 132 bugs currently tagged for stx.2.0
      - Most are assigned to developers
      - Expect more to start coming in as regression ramps up
      - Need teams to shift their focus on bug resolution. Intel team has some bandwidth to take on bugs.

stx.3.0
- TSC agreed to start focusing on stx.3.0 content after the elections -- around June 20
- TO BE DISCUSSED
      - Do we create the stx.2.0 RC1 branch earlier to allow more freedom in merging stx.3.0 content?
              - Feedback from Curtis aligns with this recommendation
              - We need to make this decision when there is code lined up for stx.3.0 with no place to merge