[Starlingx-discuss] Informations about StarlingX

Adrien Macor adrien.macor at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 3 14:18:36 UTC 2019

Hi,
I'm currently doing my bachelor thesis in the School of Engineering and Architecture of Fribourg.
The name of this project is "Edge cloud orchestration and monitoring" and I'm now interresting on StarlingX.

I have a few question for you:

  1.  I read this documentation: https://docs.starlingx.io/deployment_guides/current/duplex.html
StarlingX Docs: All-in-one duplex stx.2018.10<https://docs.starlingx.io/deployment_guides/current/duplex.html>
NOTE: The instructions to setup a StarlingX All-in-One Duplex (AIO-DX) with containerized openstack services in this guide are under development. For approved instructions, see the All in One Duplex Configuration wiki page.
docs.starlingx.io
, but something is still not clear for me: let's suppose I have three physical servers; two on the same area, and the last one elsewhere (not on the same network). May I use this infrastructure with StarlingX? If I understand correctly, as long as I have the connectivity between all my servers it's possible.
  2.  StarlingX enables to deploy VNF over the edge, but what's his differences with something like Vmware, another virtualization tool?
  3.  Last one: is it better to deploy one VNF over all my edge sites, or deploy multiple VNFs over all my edge sites, or split one VNF over all my edge... and so on. Or it depends on what the VNF is?

Thanks for the reply

Adriano Macor