[Starlingx-discuss] Community Call (June 5, 2019)

Zvonar, Bill Bill.Zvonar at windriver.com
Wed Jun 5 15:57:17 UTC 2019

Notes & actions from today's call.

Bill...

Bitergia Community Activity Dashboard (Thierry Carrez)
- https://starlingx.biterg.io/
- http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2019-May/004526.html
- Overview + Top Row of Dashboard
    - proof of concept
    - started in January, valid for one year - need to decide by ~November if they'll continue
    - our feedback is important
    - Kata Containers finds it useful
    - generally using Gerrit data rather than git - it's more accurate than git
    - not importing previous activity
    - only counting contributions from StarlingX
- Middle Row: Contributors
    - helps see if a company's contributions are getting prioritized
    - Frank & Don asked if the changes are based on owner vs. author - we think author makes more sense
       - Thierry said it currently uses owner, but can be changed, and he also needs to make sure that
                 Bitergia's using the right field (regardless of what the field is *called* in Bitergia)
       - ACTION: Don to provide examples so Thierry can follow up
       - ACTION: Bill follow up with Thierry on this (and other points from this meeting)
- Middle Row: Organizations
    - only as accurate as the affiliation datta in gerrit
    - Bart asked if we can include a mix of commits & reviews, like stackalytics does
    - Thierry said he can change the default dashboard to include reviews too
- Bottom Row
    - Corporate diversity evolution: proposed changes
    - Corporate diversity evolution: code reviews
    - Corporate diversity evolution: ML posts
    - helps us see if we are attracting new orgs
    - take the current month column w/ a grain of salt, since it's not a full month
- Other
    - Scott asked about using github as a source
    - Thierry said we could add, but it doesn't quite jive currently, we may not like how the data's rolled up
    - ACTION: Scott & Dean to send details about the repos that we have on github

TSC Election
- per Ildiko's email, we won't have an actual election
- the 3 candidates will be acclaimed and will be the new TSC members
- Dean stressed that Community members should still feel like they can ask questions to the candidates
     (any questions they might have asked if there was an actual campaign)

CFP Deadlines
- 3 events coming up, per Ildiko's email
     - June 16 - ONS Europe - https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/open-networking-summit-europe-2019/program/cfp/
     - June 22 - OpenInfra Days Nordic - https://www.papercall.io/oidn-stockholm-2019
     - July 2 - Open Infrastructure Summit Shanghai - https://www.openstack.org/summit/shanghai-2019&_eboga=204325035.1551339844
- in particular, anyone want to do a StarlingX overview at the Nordic summit?
- OIS Shanghai is closing in under a month! (July 2)
- http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2019-June/004851.html

Release Team Update
- Ghada's reminder to the PLs re: StoryBoards
   - still 25 active dev StoryBoards!
   - 9 active StoryBoards that we need a story on - will scrub in tomorrow's meeting
- for tomorrow's meeting
    - Ghada: focus on features & exception list
    - Bruce: exceptions!
    - Bill: review Ada's test report (total/executed/pass/fail)

Bug Counts
- Bill asked if anyone knows why the Tags box count is different from the query
- nobody was able to say for sure
- http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2019-June/004854.html

First Contact SIG
- tomorrow @9:30, see https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-first-contact

Previous Actions
- sanity
     - still not boring
     - Christopher mentioned bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1829941
     - we talked about where one can see the current sanity issues
         - it's some combination of these
                - the stx-sanity tag
                - the bug importance (only Critical bugs are likely blocking sanity)
                - the bugs listed on the test team's sanity bugs page:
                       https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StarlingX/Test/SanityTests#Sanity-OpenStack
- big files
     - the xv/split workaround is cumbersome
         - Chris Winnicki is doing this, it's not great
         - he thinks the LP attachment max size is ~60M
         - must add each file one at a time
         - our log file could be 1G - so lots of attachments & clicking
     - Launchpad is owned by Canonical - so the Foundation can't make changes itself
     - Dean suggested possibly using http://paste.openstack.org/
     - we essentially don't have a Dropbox equivalent that we can use
     - Scott asked afterwards if we could get extra space at CENGN?
     - so, generally unresolved - leaving this open for another day
- wrsroot
     - Dean asked Numan about the plan for testing the sysadmin change
     - Numan said they have the build now & still planning for June 10