[Starlingx-discuss] <Openstack-StarlingX> Unable to run ssh/iperf on StarlingX Vm

Anirudh Gupta Anirudh.Gupta at hsc.com
Fri Jun 7 14:20:26 UTC 2019

Hi Chris

Yes, I ran the command

ethtool --offload eth0 rx off tx off

After that the SSH/Iperf ran successfully.

So, is it a bug that needs to be resolved from StarlingX side?

Because everytime it needs to be run inside the guest VM, which is not practical.

Also I have another query :

I  was trying to create IPV6 network on StarlingX.
When I spawn a VM on that, the IP is visible in Horizon, but I am not getting the IP inside the VM.
I have tried using Centos/Ubuntu VM's.
Even manually enabling the dhcp inside the VM, IP is not being allocated to the interface.

On Ubuntu 16.04, in /etc/network/interfaces file

auto eth0
Iface eth0 inet6 dhcp

But still IPV6 is not automatically allocated to the interface. I need to manually add the IP in it using the command

ip -6 addr add eff0:eff0:eff0::a/128 dev eth0.

Can you please help me in resolving both my issues.

Regards
Anirudh