[Starlingx-discuss] [TSC] 6/3 minutes

Jolliffe, Ian Ian.Jolliffe at windriver.com
Tue Jun 11 20:24:00 UTC 2019

Election update (ildikov)
       3 valid candidates -> we are skipping the formal vote
       Election officials to add a summary of the learnings from this round of elections, to make the process go easier for all
       See emails from Ildiko for more details

starlingx/deploy repo for Ansible playbooks (mpeters-wrs)
       all good to move forward - repo will be owned by config team

R3 feature prioritization (brent)
       how do we want to proceed? for prep for StarlingX - R3
       Release in November - agreed
       Send list to ML
       Baseline list - Python 3, etc

Test Culture Discussion (Ian)
	We agreed that when the R3 branch is opened, we will shift to a mode where Unit tests will need to be delivered along with new code.
	We will need to build out frameworks and build on prior work with DevStack - plugins are available (at various stages of completion)
	We discussed adding to the contributor guide to make sure that test aspects come out clearly and help reinforce the culture we are working towards.
	More discussions/posts to mailing list to come

FYI (curtis)- Some interesting discussion @OPNFV https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/PROJ/Project+Proposals+Airship
PSA - versioning proposal coming from Saul - towards a spec to follow