[Starlingx-discuss] #! /usr/bin/env usage in python files

Bailey, Henry Albert (Al) Al.Bailey at windriver.com
Wed Jun 12 14:58:06 UTC 2019

I think you can start submitting reviews to fix those.

Over time, almost all the python scripts we had been using get created by PBR which sets up the shebang as either /usr/bin/python or /usr/bin/python2
Some components may not even have been converted to pbr yet.

For cases where we created custom python scripts using  /usr/bin/env,  it's likely because  google/stackoverflow  indicate that's the preferred way.   There's no specific reason to code it that way, as far as I can remember.

We also have (or had) an inconsistency in how the license files in the spec files were published.  Sometimes using doc, sometimes using the license keyword.

Al