[Starlingx-discuss] <StarlingX-Discuss> StarlingX 2019.05 Release Queries
cindy.xie at intel.com
Tue Jun 18 09:59:53 UTC 2019
- We are still on track to release our release 2 (stx.2.0) on Aug'19
- StarlingX will be based on K8s from stx.2.0 release, and we will have another ISO released. If you want to try the ISO, you can get our daily build and get an idea of footprint.
- Right now, we do not support the version upgrade from 2018.10 release to new release. You need to re-deploy your cluster.
Thx. - cindy
From: Anirudh Gupta [mailto:Anirudh.Gupta at hsc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2019 5:11 PM
To: Jones, Bruce E <bruce.e.jones at intel.com>; Winnicki, Chris <Chris.Winnicki at windriver.com>; Ildiko Vancsa <ildiko.vancsa at gmail.com>; Ghada Khalil <Ghada.Khalil at windriver.com>; Jones, Bruce E <bruce.e.jones at intel.com>; Frank Miller <frank.miller at windriver.com>; Xie, Cindy <cindy.xie at intel.com>; Arce Moreno, Abraham <abraham.arce.moreno at intel.com>; Hazzim Anaya Casas <hazzim.i.anaya.casas at intel.com>; Hernandez Gonzalez, Fernando <fernando.hernandez.gonzalez at intel.com>
Cc: starlingx-discuss at lists.starlingx.io; starlingx-announce at lists.starlingx.io
Subject: <StarlingX-Discuss> StarlingX 2019.05 Release Queries
It would be great if anyone can please address my below queries.
I have prepared All in One Simplex/Duplex Setup on release 2018.10 and would like to further continue my work on the upcoming 2019.05 release.
Going forward, I do have some queries:
* As per the recent update, the release 2019.05 is delayed and now is expected to be out in the month of August 2019.
Is there any further update on the release date?
* As per the release notes of 2018.10, I am using Pre-built StarlingX Image
Will the release 2019.05 be based on Kubernetes? If Yes, What will be the changes in the footprint?
And will there be another ISO with Kubernetes support available for 2019.05 Release?
* As per the below links of 2018.10 and 2019.05, the Hardware requirements is same.
So will there be any change in the Hardware Requirement for both the releases or they'll remain unchanged?
* What efforts would be required if I need to upgrade my system from the current 2018.10 to the new 2019.05 release?
DISCLAIMER: This electronic message and all of its contents, contains information which is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or may have received this electronic mail transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete / destroy all copies of this electronic mail transmission without disclosing, copying, distributing, forwarding, printing or retaining any part of it. Hughes Systique accepts no responsibility for loss or damage arising from the use of the information transmitted by this email including damage from virus.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Starlingx-discuss