[Starlingx-discuss] STX 2.0 (Containerized): Configuring Data network (Provider Network) type as flat fails

Xu, Chenjie chenjie.xu at intel.com
Wed Jun 19 02:47:20 UTC 2019

Hi Shashi,
You can refer the below commands to setup flat network:

1.      Please make sure the interface enp61s0f0 is connected to your lab network physically.

2.      source /etc/platform/openrc
system host-lock controller-0
system datanetwork-add public flat
system datanetwork-add internal flat
system host-if-list -a controller-0
system host-if-modify -m 1500 -n data0 -d public  -c data controller-0 $UUID_enp61s0f0
system host-if-modify -m 1500 -n data1 -d internal  -c data controller-0 $UUID_enp61s0f1
system host-unlock controller-0

3.      export OS_CLOUD=openstack_helm
neutron net-create --provider:network_type=flat --provider:physical_network=public --router:external external-net
neutron subnet-create external-net 192.168.1.0/24 --name external-subnet --gateway 192.168.1.1 --allocation-pool start=192.168.1.200,end=192.168.1.250
neutron net-create --provider:network_type=flat --provider:physical_network=internal net1
neutron subnet-create net1 192.168.5.0/24 --name subnet1
neutron  router-create router1
neutron router-gateway-set router1 external-net
neutron router-interface-add router1 subnet1

Best Regards,
Xu, Chenjie