[Starlingx-discuss] Community Call (June 19, 2019)

Zvonar, Bill Bill.Zvonar at windriver.com
Wed Jun 19 15:00:16 UTC 2019

Notes & actions from today's call...

MS-3 Status

- reviewed last Thursday, plan to declare this Monday, conditional on a green sanity
          - haven't had one yet, so we're still waiting on it
          - the issue from Sunday night has been pulled & is being deferred to 3.0 (containerized openstack client)
          - per Ada the more recent issue was due to some issues encountered during the build (pulling a repo from Japan, per Scott)
          - the new build has been restarted & Ada will start with it as soon as it's done
- other items
          - OpenStack Services: per Frank, everything got in except the aforementioned openstack client
          - External Placement: per Cindy, it's in progress, they're addressing code reviewers' comments - should be in soon, maybe by end of week
          - ACTION: Bruce to find out when the OpenStack Helm meeting is so we can represent (the changes haven't been pushed up there yet)
          - Ansible Restructuring: per Dariush, basically done but some small tweaks
          - wrsroot - this is in (!) - good work Saul & everyone; the wrsroot changes for the docs have merged as well
- we agreed to cancel the release team meeting for tomorrow (June 20), since many folks will be out

Defect Trend (Bill)

- https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DZZgqrCIL6wxv51_yFBk6Lfmtf1AqPD6z7e5hEs3prU/edit?usp=sharing
- definitely will need help/focus to converge by RC1

Meeting with SUSE (Bruce)

- Ian & Bruce met with SUSE yesterday (Networking & Cloud Software) - SUSE is interested, wants us to help them build a case for getting involved

Updates on Actions

- wrsroot (if not already covered in MS-3 discussion) - done, closed

- sanity, in general - still not boring

- big files
          - Dropbox? - is there an open equivalent?
          - CENGN? - how much will they store for us?
          - Nextcloud - could use an open storage service like Nextcloud - still need to have a place to store all the stuff
          - Mega.nz - someone *could* use this informally, though it wouldn't be an official thing (just like any other storage service that's free or has a free tier)
          - ACTION: Dean & Scott talk about how we could hook up a service like Nextcloud into CENGN

- Community Activity Dashboard
          - add github/starlingx-staging repos as an input source - in progress
               - these repos: jenkins, stx-packaging, tools-contrib (per Dean/Scott)
               - the plan is to keep git and Gerrit changes separate
          - a way to see which commits a contributor has done - in the requirements stage : )

- Draft New Wiki
          - check it out & provide comments to Bruce: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StarlingX/Draft_new_wiki_home_page

Changes allowable post Milestone3?

- should be bug fixes only, with some exceptions for 'safe' code (benign) changes targeted to R3 - at the discretion of the Cores & TLs