[Starlingx-discuss] [TSC] Minutes 6/13 and 6/20

Jolliffe, Ian Ian.Jolliffe at windriver.com
Thu Jun 20 21:53:14 UTC 2019

Apologies for the delay on last week’s notes.

Minutes 6/20/2019:

STX workshop tomorrow - 90 people registered, 70 environments to try out
Ildiko attending and Packet providing infra
OpenInfra meet-up in Beijing
Co-located with networking summit in Beijing

Yong – Edge solution introduction - overview of some other Edge technologies

R3 Planning

Infrastructure and Cluster Monitoring, for this https://review.opendev.org/#/c/665208/
Ask for TSC to review and comment - we could start early as this is benign to R2 work
Redfish Integration
Spec in progress - reviews started to enable prototyping
TSN support , https://review.opendev.org/655833
Now looks like more than a documentation effort, may need some additional patches.
Bruce to connect up with Forest - please add a comment to the spec.
Containerize CEPH, https://review.opendev.org/656371
This would leverage Rook?
Are there some preliminary components that could be done - assuming we have the bandwidth and review capacity to start the work
Due to short cycle completion in R3 is not viewed to be feasible at this time
K8S device plugin integration
Intel GPU
some initial reviews underway
Nvidia GPU
               Intel FPGA
spec to come - likely too big for R3
QAT
also proposed for R3
Sysvinit -> systemd conversion/cleanup (low)
new contributor work - something to work along the way

Action : Ask of release time - recommend spec freeze date

Minutes 6/13/2019:
R3 Planning discussion
Close on table stake features for the next release, details https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-r3-feature-candidates
Distributed Cloud (deferred from R2)
Backup and Restore (deferred from R2)
Upversion Kubernetes and dependencies (docker, calico, helm  etc)
Openstack upversion to Train
Above 4 items - are agreed to be in.
Upgrade from R2->R3
May not be feasible given the short release cycle as per etherpad
Start in R3 time frame - potentially deliver as a 3.1 in X a few months later
Python 2->3 cutover
What is left?  Saul is working to identify remaining User Space packages
- Saul to get info and report back
Host and Openstack can be different as they are containerized
Mandatory due to obsolescence of Python2
Add containerized Fault to the list - another deferral
New features
Infrastructure and Cluster Monitoring - spec is coming - next TSC call
MultiOS - continue investigation with OpenSuse
Ubuntu/Deb - also of interest in Banking - Shuquan

K8S uprev in R2
1.15 - releasing next week - we should/would move to this release
risk - low technically
reward - less technical debt
agreed to move forward
Action : Brent will send a note to the ML to document exception to make it easy to find.

Centos 8 - initial work is underway - more of a heads up for post R3 work

Regards;

Ian