[Starlingx-discuss] How to turn off fault management?

MacDonald, Eric Eric.MacDonald at windriver.com
Mon Jun 24 11:17:56 UTC 2019

Hi Ezpeer,

In addition to Tao’s point …

The only time maintenance will power off a host outside of explicit administrative action is if that host’s board management controller is provisioned, the critical action for a sensor group has been changed to power cycle AND a sensor in that sensor group reports a debounced critical severity.

If you are experiencing heartbeat failures that you are trying to debug you can change the heartbeat failure action to ‘degrade’ or ‘alarm’ only to avoid the recovery reboot. Not recommended, but available for debug.

Ø  system service-parameter-modify platform maintenance heartbeat_failure_action=degrade

Ø  system service-parameter-apply platform

Locking a host will prevent host watchdog reboot due to quorum process failure or watchdog pet failure/timeout

If you are experiencing autonomous host power off then I would look at the BMC logs for critical or fatal event reports.

Eric.