[Starlingx-discuss] StarlingX 3.0 features

Xie, Cindy cindy.xie at intel.com
Fri Jun 28 00:26:33 UTC 2019

Bruce,
We had discussion in non-OpenStack-dist meeting about features could be part of the sub-project, and below items are not on your list and I’d like to bring them up here as well:

1.       Redfish support (https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2005861)

2.       Python2to3 transition (https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StarlingX/Python2, story to be created)

3.       non-Openstack patch cleanup (TBD)

4.       Ceph containerization (https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2005527, spec under review: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/656371/)

5.       Support Kata container (story to be created),

6.       QAT support in Cinder & Glance (story to be created).

7.       Systemd standardization. Needs to standarization to use systemd and move away from hybrid mode.

Only 1 and 4 were included in your list. I was assuming that 2 and 3 were approved and we will continue the effort.
As for 5, Kata container support, Shuicheng is taking the lead the evaluate what needs to be done, and I will propose it as stretch goal for 3.0.
As for 6, QAT support in Cinder & Glance, I’ve confirmed with Vivian that this is OpenStack upstream work and target to Train release. Thus if we pick up Train, StarlingX will have the feature.
Saul is pushing 7 and I think it will be great if we can standardize it.

I can create the SB for those not yet, and put them onto https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-r3-feature-candidates
Thx. - cindy