[Starlingx-discuss] Reviews for the Docs mega-spec

Curtis serverascode at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 22:06:23 UTC 2019

On Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 4:50 PM Jones, Bruce E <bruce.e.jones at intel.com>
wrote:

> I’d like to close out the Docs mega spec review this week.  Thank you to
> all of the reviewers.  I believe I have addressed all of your comments.  If
> I have not, please let me know.   More reviews are welcome, of course.

I still have a couple outstanding questions that were part of the reviews
but are easy to miss. :)

* Is multi-region a thing in STX? Will we be doing both distributed cloud
and multi-region? There's a fairly long history of the term "multi-region"
in openstack and I'm wondering if that is the same thing or not?
* Can we point to upstream docs for things like provider networks?
* Overall, if we did all this documentation, which is fairly aggressive in
a good way, a lot of it would be valuable upstream. Does it make sense to
try to work with openstack docs? I think it would be useful to get other
people introduced to StarlingX and help to show how STX relates to
OpenStack.

The multi-region question is really more me trying to understand what the
project is doing, ie. if we aren't actually doing both then we don't need
to document both.

Otherwise I like the direction and am happy to add my +2. Thanks for all
your effort in this. :)

Thanks,
Curtis

> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/635641/