[Starlingx-discuss] Test Case Submission in rst format

Waheed, Numan Numan.Waheed at windriver.com
Fri Mar 8 14:12:21 UTC 2019

Hi Abraham,

We are currently in process of submitting our test cases in stx-test git repository. There has been a request to upload manual tests is rst format so that they can be visible on a wiki.

Conversion of test cases from plain text format to rst format is causing a lot of pain and time lost. At the same time it is also not an absolute requirement as any tester who wants to execute these test cases can easily access them from git in text format.

I am not sure about how much time is spent by Ada's team in converting these test cases but I would suggest that we should submit them in plain text format and if documentation team wants to convert them in rst then they can update them.

Secondly, if these test cases are to be shown in Wiki, what is your plan for showing them in next release? Would there be a release specific Wiki or a selection available to check test cases for each release?

Thanks,

Numan.