[Starlingx-discuss] Test Case Submission in rst format

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Mar 8 23:04:52 UTC 2019

On 2019-03-08 14:12:21 +0000 (+0000), Waheed, Numan wrote:
> We are currently in process of submitting our test cases in
> stx-test git repository. There has been a request to upload manual
> tests is rst format so that they can be visible on a wiki.

Which wiki are you using? If this is for wiki.openstack.org it does
not support reStructuredText format, but rather a special MediaWiki
markup language.

> Conversion of test cases from plain text format to rst format is
> causing a lot of pain and time lost. At the same time it is also
> not an absolute requirement as any tester who wants to execute
> these test cases can easily access them from git in text format.
[...]

If this is in service of being able to build static HTML
representations with Sphinx, a useful stepping-stone is to create
empty rst documents (perhaps with just a page heading) and then use
the include:: directive with the :literal: argument to embed
preformatted text from another file elsewhere in the same Git
repository.
--
Jeremy Stanley