[Starlingx-discuss] [TSC] Minutes 3/7

Jolliffe, Ian Ian.Jolliffe at windriver.com
Thu Mar 14 13:24:51 UTC 2019

TSC election for Q2 (ildikov)
Needs to be held in Q2
Timing recommendation - watch out for summit conflict
                Need a date - not week leading up to release or summit.  Before or after summit?
Need a date - not week leading up to release or summit.  Before or after summit?
Leverage OpenStack Tools and Processes
Upload a patch to election repo
https://governance.openstack.org/election/
Bruce volunteered to be election official
+ Ildiko from Foundation
Could have another - not likely a popular job :)
Positions for election:
1 - Open, 1 from Wind River, 1 from Intel, Ana and Miguel position also up for election

Denver summit workshop
Is up on the schedule now: https://www.openstack.org/summit/denver-2019/summit-schedule/events/23630/starlingx-hands-on-workshop. Thanks to Ildiko and foundation team for putting it up.
Need to confirm VM's and size available - need to watch out for machine load
Feedback from Packet team - give each user a smaller machine to minimize problems if a participant hangs a machine.
Blog post to advertise (ildikov)
Curtis - I can work on this unless someone else wants to, could have something next week

Multi-os direction
Looking for input on which kernel to use - Abraham doing analysis
Spec to be abandoned - LTS to be taken for STX
Team to look at a "How to/recipe" for changing Kernel

Packet.com PoC
Curtis - Still awaiting MOU; emailed Brian K. @packet earlier this week for an update
Draft is available - will send over.
3 Edge sites launched and up and running
Working to connect edge with Wireless infrastructure
Brian from Packet.com feels STX is a great fit for Packet
Each site will have CBRS access

Forum Sessions
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-forum-preparation-denver-2019
Curtis - I submitted "StarlingX for OpenStack Operators". They only allow one moderator per session it seems so I couldn't add Shuquan.

Public service announcements:
Welcome to join the 9th Open Source Hackathon in Shenzhen China from Apr.18 - Apr.20
Some sessions on STX planned - also bug hacking sessions