[Starlingx-discuss] [Zuul] failure on review in stx-config project

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Mar 14 21:23:02 UTC 2019

On 2019-03-14 16:57:09 -0400 (-0400), Andy Ning wrote:
[...]
> [AN]: As developer I don't install anything, I submit my source code changes
> to gerrit as review, and Zuul is triggered to run to verify if my change
> break tox. Where tox runs the tests and what its environment like is
> transparent to (as least for me until now :)). So I'm not sure how I could
> do what you suggest.

By "you" in this case I meant developers on StarlingX. Your CI jobs
should absolutely not be a black box to you, especially since the
job in question is defined in your repository:

    http://git.starlingx.io/cgit/stx-config/tree/.zuul.yaml#n66

Just a matter of adding "nodeset: ubuntu-xenial" to that job
definition. The change which adds it should be self-testing so
you'll be able to see in the CI results whether it worked or not.
--
Jeremy Stanley