[Starlingx-discuss] Finalizing DevStack plugin structure

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 16:15:57 UTC 2019

I think we are finally at the point that the structure of the DevStack
plugins in seven flock repos is set and mostly consistent.  Solving
the dependency issues between services has been fun...

The last bit I think we need to do here, at a test infrastructure
level, is to clean up the job definitions and make them all voting.
It turns out my choice of putting the base Zuul job definition in
stx-fault was unfortunate, I want to move it to stx-integ as the
better-but-still-not-ideal home as not every plugin needs to have
fault loaded anyway.[0]

Story 2005285 [1] has more details on moving and renaming the base
job, plus making all devstack jobs run on the whole repo and voting.

I will start preparing these reviews soon, comments or objections
should be registered here or in the story.

dt

[0] An (unfortunately not-logged) IRC discussion a couple of weeks ago
with dpenney and slittle1 landed on stx-integ as least-worst option.
[1] https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2005285

--

Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com