[Starlingx-discuss] Running OVS in container is supported now

Li, Cheng1 cheng1.li at intel.com
Fri Mar 29 02:59:23 UTC 2019

Hi,

I was working on OVS containerization. The patch [1] was merged hours ago. So we support running OVS in container now. And this is the *default* setting.

We still support OVS-DPDK, but you need to set it explicitly. I have also updated the deployment guides at [2] [3] [4] [5].

Please note, OVS-DPDK will be supported only on Bare Metal deployment. VM deployment doesn't support OVS-DPDK anymore.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/633924/
[2] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StarlingX/Containers/Installation#Configure_the_vswitch_type_.28optional.29
[3] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StarlingX/Containers/InstallationOnAIODX#Configure_the_vswitch_type_.28optional.29
[4 ]https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StarlingX/Containers/InstallationOnStandard#Configure_the_vswitch_type_.28optional.29