[Starlingx-discuss] Automation script needs to be updated because the coming changes for build-helm-charts.sh and system application-upload CLI

Wang, Jing (Angie) Angie.Wang at windriver.com
Wed May 1 04:11:54 UTC 2019

Hi All,

Please aware that there are two commits may be merged soon that will impact automated testing.

The gerrit reviews:

-          The changes for build-helm-charts.sh: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/655494/

-          The changes for system application-upload CLI: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/655497/
Once they are merged,

-          A metadata.yaml file will be built into stx-openstack application tarball which contains application name and version.
        The name of the application tarball will be changed to <application-name>-<application-rpm-version>(-<label>).tgz
        (Ie... stx-openstack app tarball will be renamed from "helm-charts-manifest(-<label>).tgz" to "stx-openstack-1.0-11(-<label>).tgz")

        But to allow people to adapt their scripts and transition, we create a symbolic link that pointing to the new tarball with the old name. We will drop the symbolic link in two weeks.

-          The usage of system application-upload CLI will be

Optional arguments:

  -n <app name>, --app-name <app name>

                        Name of the application

  -v <app version>, --app-version <app version>

                        Version of the application

App name is an optional parameter now, it can be supplied by '--app-name' or '-n'.
To upload stx-openstack application,  it doesn't need to specify app name and app version, they will be extracted from metadata.yaml file.  Note: the app name/version in metadata.yaml has higher priority.
Ie. system application-upload stx-openstack-1.0-11.tgz

To upload other custom apps that may not have metadata.yaml file or may not have app information included in the metadata.yaml, user has to pass app name and version.
Ie. system application-upload custom-app.tgz  -n xxx -v xxx

The wiki will be updated regarding to these changes too.

If you have any concerns or questions, free feel to ask me.

Thanks,
-Angie