[Starlingx-discuss] [MultiOS] How to deploy STX in other linux systems?

Victor Rodriguez vm.rod25 at gmail.com
Wed May 1 22:33:39 UTC 2019

Hi Kunpeng

After working on fixing this bug, I was able to build horizon with a
workaround, here the details:

1) the bug is due to the lower version installed in the chroot of
pbuilder. for example when we do a pbuilder login

we can try to apt-get install python3-osprofiler and it will get :

Setting up python3-osprofiler (1.15.2-0ubuntu1)

But the dsc file of horizon set:

Depends: python3-osprofiler (>= 2.3.0) but it is not going to be installed

It seems that when I updated the README the bionic repo in ubuntu
18.04 was providing the correct versions.

2) It seems to be necessary to specify a missing ubuntu repository, in
Debian sid seems to be a valid repository to have these versions:

https://packages.debian.org/sid/python-oslo.concurrency

I will work tomorrow with Marcela since she face the same problem
yesterday and add them in the pbuilderc file

3 ) The simples work around ( work for me ) was to build the build
dependencies using the same tooling we privide ( good we have a simple
way ) inside stx-packaging:

make upstream_pkg PKG=python3-oslo.concurrency
make upstream_pkg PKG=python3-osprofiler

( these were the one mising in my case ) in your case you have to build

Depends: openstack-pkg-tools (>= 23~)
python-sphinx
python-mox3 (>= 0.7.0)
python-oslo.concurrency (>= 3.7.1)
python-oslosphinx (>= 2.5.0)

After that, your deb files should be in

ls /usr/local/mydebs/
Packages.gz
python-oslo.concurrency_3.27.0-3_all.deb
python-osprofiler-doc_2.3.0-3_all.deb
python3-oslo.concurrency_3.27.0-3_all.deb
python-oslo.concurrency-doc_3.27.0-3_all.deb
python3-osprofiler_2.3.0-3_all.deb         python-osprofiler_2.3.0-3_all.deb

once you have fulfilled all your build dependencies you will be able
to re-run your command

make package PKG=x.stx-upstream/openstack/python-horizon/ DISTRO=ubuntu

4) I am using ubuntu 18.04 this is an example of my repos:

deb http://mx.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ bionic main restricted
deb-src http://mx.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ bionic main restricted

let me know what do you have in your case.

I will try a hack proposed to use multiple repos according to what
distribution we want to build:

https://wiki.debian.org/PbuilderTricks#How_to_build_for_different_distributions

In the meantime let me know if this workaround works for you, hope it helps

Regards

Victor R