[Starlingx-discuss] [TSC] Minutes from 4/25 meeting and PTG

Jolliffe, Ian Ian.Jolliffe at windriver.com
Thu May 2 02:58:08 UTC 2019

Hi all;

The OIS summit has wrapped today.  Lots of great interest in StarlingX, we will provide an update to the ML shortly.  We won’t be holding at TSC meeting on May 2nd as the PTG kicks off for StarlingX at noon here in Denver.  The wider community is very interested in the work we are doing.

For those of you attending the PTG – we will be kicking off the StarlingX session at noon – please bring your lunch or eat before.
The agenda is here : https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-ptg-agenda

TSC minutes - 4/25/2019

PTG Agenda (Brent), https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-ptg-agenda

Curtis - FYI - https://edgeapplicationdeveloperhackat.splashthat.com/
Sponsored by Intel, at Facebook. Interesting in terms of edge.
Can we get linked into this somehow?

Board meeting slide deck (ildikov): https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1tY4JqnlHnPMo9qB0U12nbz8OZ4ATOghntpJvsVVww-w/edit?usp=sharing
target noon between noon EDT - PDT for final draft

Shenzen Hack-a-thon - read out
Ildiko and Shuquan attended
20 people attended from China Unicom, China Mobile, Fiberhome, ZTE, Intel, 99Cloud,
Bug fixes posted to Gerrit
New requirements from Users identified
Will look for future meet-up opportunities in China
Cross community collaborations, Edge WG
STX was very popular - at the event -

Zuul
3hours to back out an issue
Can we look at the specifics
https://review.opendev.org/#/c/655542/
The flock-devstack-config job failed in the gate pipeline the first time through with a POST_FAILURE.  DevStack ran to completion with no errors.  This is a test infrastructure issue and we are debugging it.
The suspected message in the logs is during devstack/playbooks/post.yaml: http://logs.openstack.org/42/655542/1/gate/flock-devstack-config/b5401da/job-output.txt.gz#_2019-04-24_21_07_42_508531:
2019-04-24 21:07:42.508531 | controller | ERROR
2019-04-24 21:07:42.509787 | controller | {2019-04-24 21:07:42.509910 | controller |   "msg": "Timeout (32s) waiting for privilege escalation prompt: "
2019-04-24 21:07:42.510038 | controller | }

Curtis - FYI - Ran the STX workshop in Toronto last night, about 15 people, recieved some good feedback and have made some changes
Dry run for workshop - Wednesday PM workshop - Wednesday PM