[Starlingx-discuss] [MultiOS] How to deploy STX in other linux systems?

Rosales Jimenez, Marcela A marcela.a.rosales.jimenez at intel.com
Thu May 2 21:47:26 UTC 2019

Hi Kunpeng and Victor,

The Depends error is because pbuilder chroot cannot find the dependencies
of the package you want to build.

I was seeing this same error when generating a package that depended
on python-pip and python-wheel. To find out what repositories provide
those packages I did "apt-cache showpkg python-pip" on my host machine which
has Ubuntu 16.04. Also "apt-cache policy python-pip" provided some insight.

Then I added the repository to the OTHERMIRROR variable in ~/.pbuilderrc
Like this:

OTHERMIRROR="deb [trusted=yes] file:///usr/local/mydebs/ ./|deb [trusted=yes] http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial main restricted universe multiverse|deb [trusted=yes] http://ubuntu-cloud.archive.canonical.com/ubuntu xenial-updates/queens main"

The pipe is used to separate repos.

If you need to add repositories because pbuilder change root cannot see
the package you need, you should modify that variable.

Something to notice is that the stx-packaging/setup.sh script overwrites
the ~/.pbuilderrc with stx-packaging/configs/pbuilderrc

Let us know if you keep having this same problem or new ones.

Marcela