[Starlingx-discuss] [multios][meetings] Multi-OS team meeting minutes 5/6/19

Lara, Cesar cesar.lara at intel.com
Tue May 7 22:29:04 UTC 2019

Multi-OS team meeting

Agenda for 5/6/2019

Recap of PTG
TSC agreed upon having a fully supported image of StarlingX over CentOS, this image will be fully tested and optimized, for the multi-OS effort, the community will ship the flock services in their individual repo and TAR file so anyone integrating StarlingX, even in a different OS can do so, we will also open source our test cases so all integrations can make sure that they have a working instance of StarlingX.

we also got help from people that are currently doing packaging for OpenStack, to share tools used and some of their best known methods, we heard from OpenSuse and Canonical, we discussed a few approaches and Saul even spent some time building a PoC over OBS to generate both RPMs and Deb packages of a single flock service.
Canonical folks pointed us to LaunchPad as primary tool for Ubuntu distros.

these are some links from the sessions held at PTG

Forum Session
- https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/DEN-linux-distro-best-practices
 - https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:saulwold/stx-fault
 - Example cleanup of specfile: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/657053/