[Starlingx-discuss] Limit memory usage on Virtual Environment

Victor Rodriguez vm.rod25 at gmail.com
Tue May 14 19:38:08 UTC 2019

HI team

In today Test Team Call was presented this commit:

https://opendev.org/starlingx/config/commit/e51976083e6042546b1922e8a00bbb2e86e21423

To disable pre-allocation of 2M huge pages on VBox .  Cristopher and I
had the AR to test if the

$ facter is_virtual

return true in qemu , and it does. Which means that we should that the
amount of memory for the baremetal system will not be the same than
virtual environments

We truly want to thank Tao Liu for this change, this reduces the
footprint on VMs but not in bare metal.

Is still open the CLI to fix the constraint of a VM/ bare metal
system. For now, we can work with this patch and make some poc for
this wished command that could be useful for developers and users of
starlign x

Thanks

Victor R